Buy fresh Ataulfo when they’re in season, and make some of this fresh ice cream. With the goodness of mango pulp, cream, milk and sugar, a spoonful can bring a smile on your face. Don’t forget to decorate the ice cream with fresh mango pieces!
2 cups Ataulfo mango purée
1 cup fresh cream
1 cups whole milk or coconut milk
1/2 cup sugar
- Set the control of the freezer compartment of the refrigerator at the highest point one hour in advance.
- Pour heavy cream in a mixer and use medium speed to whip cream to semi firm
- Mix the mango purée and sugar to the mixer and add milk (or coconut milk)
- Mix everything thoroughly and pour the mixture into ice trays.
- Put the trays in the freezer compartment so that each tray touches the chilling plate directly for half an hour. Under no circumstances should a tray be put over ice cubes or another tray.
- Pour the semi solid mango mixture to an ice cream making machine and whip for five minutes.
- Transfer ice cream to a container for freezing (at least three to four hours).
- Add fresh mango chunk and a small piece of mint leaf on top of the ice cream before serving.